On yesterday's episode of Dr. Phil,
he had a girl on the show who was a "sugar baby" -
Dr. Phil: "I never thought of dating as a monetary transaction"
Really? So let's discuss this Dr. Phil!
- Really ? Because a girlfriend/wife gets
- If you're having dinner with a guy and he buys; he's paying for your company by paying for that meal.
- If a guy buys a gal a gift for going as his date to the office party; he's paying for your company
- If he buys the drink/coffee on a date; he's paying for your time.
- When a husband buys a car for his wife; he's paying monthly for an extended period of your companionship
- If a date buys the girl flowers for the date; he's paying for your company (if he didn't steal the flowers)
- If a guy buys a girl an engagement ring; he's buying your company for the future or investing on your future with him
- If a guy bought his girl something nice and she thanks him with sex; an exchange of goods and services has occurred.
- A stay at home mom/wife exchanges services for goods; living expenses, cars, food, etc.
- So there are in fact monetary/in-kind exchanges for 'goods & services' in relationships - take THAT Dr. Phil!